Recommendation engines are nothing new. Many algorithms can be used to obtain results of variable quality, and a lot of people jump in the ship (including myself). Now that the eCommerce market is really mature, and now that anyone with a bit of technical knowledge and a lot of will can start an eShop, everybody is going to look after systems that they can plug into their shop in order to obtain better product recommendations.
Here is a list of recommendation service providers I’ve found so far. Obviously some are taken from the wikipedia page
- Strands recommander – the company was started in 2002 by a researcher working on sequence classification. It seems to have largely diversified
- RichRelevance – they classify your users based on a ensemble learner (15 categories if what I’ve read about it is true)
- SenseArray – a sort of recommendation system specialized on ad selection
- introAnalytics – online dating, ecommerce. The guys have worked and contributed to the Netflix prize
- Sugestio – technology not disclosed
- EasyRec – the wikipedia article
- Scarab Cloud – technology undisclosed. But company runners have humor.
- And obviously my soon to be born company : eXenSa